When I am dead, I hope it is said,
'His sins were scarlet, but his books were read'.
-- Hillaire Belloc
As with any information source, it is essential always to exercise care when researching and relying on knowledge gleaned from the Internet.
A visit to PetersNet is strongly suggested. The Trinity Communications staff at Petersnet has reviewed and rated over 800 Catholic-oriented sites for fidelity (orthodoxy, obediency, fortitude and prudence), resources and implementation (purpose, maintenance, organization and appearance). A perusal of their site ratings lends some discerning (and can be good for a few laughs). PetersNet has sensational databases -- history, liturgy -- including Catholic World News, with whom they are affiliated professionally.
Please e-mail the webmaster directly regarding content on this page.
Present section headings include:
Pages on Catholic Action (from the local to universal level) and Human Life (abortion, embryonic stem cell research, population control and eugenics) also are being drafted. Your patience is much appreciated.
With gratitude to Romulus ... Eastsider, Royalist, Campion
Cornelis, Trebics, Goetz von Berlichingen, Dumb_Ox, patent, Antoninus...
and fellow militant Catholics on the cyberspace FRont.
Catholic Action is an apostolate. Its end is to win men to Christ as men were won to Christ by Peter and Paul.
Is is a social apostolate. It seeks to restore right order in society, to re-create society. But its action is not political. The breaking societies of the West cannot be renewed by economic or political panaceas.
Is is a moral sickness from which the body of society suffers, and it will not be cured by local plasters upon local symptoms. Politics, economics are phases of human behavior, but human behavior is inevitably determined by the right values which men hold, by their sense of right and wrong ...
Catholic Action restores society by converting it to Christ.
Restoring All Things: A Guide to Catholic Action,
John Fitzsimons and Paul McGuire (Sheed & Ward, 1938)
- KEEP THE FAITH
- List of Authorized Tridentine Latin Masses
- Mass Times
- Ministry for traveling Catholics (Pauline Books & Media, Catholic Communication Campaign of USCCB and 1-800 Mass Times Trust)
- Ecclesia Dei Home Page
- Latin Mass Society of England & Wales
- Mater Dei Latin Mass Community (Dallas, TX)
- Vatican: the Holy See
- Welcome to the Archdiocese of New Orleans' InfoPage
- United States Conference of Catholic Bishops
- The Septuagint
- The Bible: Latin Vulgate
- Latin Vulgate Bible (University of Chicago)
- Global Index
- A site of Orthodox patristics, featuring some writers hostile to Rome. Included because itís an excellent source of many, many texts embraced by Rome
- Christian Apocrypha and Early Christian Literature (The Gnosis Society)
- Borderline site -- includes gnostic texts, some clearly heretical, but also includes other early texts revered by the Church. For example, many ancient and revered traditions concerning the ministry and martyrdoms of Peter and Paul in Rome appear in their Acts.
- EWTN -- Patristics -- JEROME
- New Advent: Fathers of the Church
- The Catholic Encyclopedia
- New Advent
- Greek Lexicon (Tufts)
- Oxfordís Liddell & Scott, the standard Greek lexicon for English speakers. Indispensable for anyone who uses Greek or wants to learn a little.
- Latin Dictionary (Tufts)
- Oxford's Lewis & Short
- NCCB/USCC - Office for the Catechism
- Searchable Catechism (St. Charles Borromeo, Picayune, MS)
- Catechism of the Council of Trent (CIN)
- Precursor to current version, comprehensive.
- The Baltimore Catechism (Catholic Net)
- KEEP THE FAITH
- Coming Home Network Home Page
- The Coming Home Network, source of the show of the same name on EWTN, assists non-Catholics, especially clergy, to find their way to Rome.
- Biblical Evidence for Catholicism (Dave Armstrong)
- Corunum Catholic Apologetic Web Page
- The Church: Apologetics Index Page
- New Advent
- The Nazareth Resource Library (James Akin)
- Protestant -- InnerCity Christian Discernment Ministry (Rev. Robert and Tracy Liichow)
- L'Osservatore Romano
- Inside the Vatican
- Clarion Herald - (Archdiocese of New Orleans)
- Homiletic and Pastoral Review -- Kenneth Baker, SJ, Editor
- The Human Life Review
- The Wanderer
- Culture Wars
- New Oxford Review
- FIRST THINGS
- Eternal Word Television Network, Global Catholic Network
- 30GIORNI Web Site (available in English)
- The Charles de Nunzio Review (Home Page)
- Catholic Net -- MORE PERIODICALS
- San Francesco d'Assisi
- THE CHRISTIAN CATACOMBS OF ROME
- The Ecole Initiative: Index of Images
- Ancient Rome (Bill Thayer, University of Kansas)
- The Walker Percy Project
- Gerard Manley Hopkins Homepage (Creighton University)
- Flannery O'Connor
- The SAC LitWeb Flannery O'Connor Page
- Walker Percy and the Christian Scandal
- Hilaire Belloc Archives
- Father C. John McCloskey III
- Catholics United for the Faith
- Catholic Family and Human Rights Institute
- Priests for Life -- Latest news.
- Supreme Links (Byzantine)
- "Keeping Catholics Catholic" (Home Page 1 of 3)
- Catholic Information Network (CIN)
- FORMA URBIS ROMAE
- Antiquity (Extensive Resources) (Bill Thayer)
- The Latin Page
- (sacred icons, Latin language and learning aides)